(Reuters) - Nico Hulkenberg will have a new car for Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix after a fuel system problem prevented the German from starting last weekend's season-opener in Australia.
Sauber said in a preview for the race at Sepang that the car Hulkenberg qualified with in Melbourne had been sent back to the factory in Switzerland for a full examination and he would start with a new chassis for the second round.
Hulkenberg finished ninth in Malaysia last year with Force India and took the first points of his Formula One career at the track in 2010 when he finished 10th for Williams.
"It's a fast track with long high-speed corners, which should suit our car well," he said.
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Mark Meadows)
Video: Motor sports coverage
Webber going for third Monaco win
Infiniti Red Bull's Mark Webber has already won two Monaco Grand Prix races, but he says he is excited about this year's race and is eager to win No. 3.
Latest from MotorSportsTalk
Mark Webber “pretty happy” to qualify 4th (VIDEO)1 hr 12 min ago
Slow and steady progress for McLaren in Monaco2 hr 12 min ago
Hamilton delighted to qualify on the front row2 hr 57 min ago
Massa: We tried everything we could3 hr 43 min ago
Pole-sitter Rosberg expecting a difficult race4 hr 12 min ago
Sebastian Vettel accepts blame for missing out on pole4 hr 52 min ago
Ruthless Rosberg storms to third pole in a row6 hr 5 min ago
Sparks fly and cars spin out wildly when NASCAR drivers get into accidents.